Don’t be that guy…
By AnnMary Mumbi | June 30th 2019
DON’T BE THAT GUY…
- …Who wears running shoes with an outfit and calls it casual
Running shoes are for just that. Running. Don’t wear them with your jeans and tee and step out. It makes you look like a fuddy duddy- someone you definitely don’t want to look like.
- …Who keeps long nails, or worse a long pinky nail
A man with long nails is not a good look. And short nails with a long one only on the small finger is just distasteful. If you are going for a polished look, keep your nails short and clean. And always check that there is no dirt behind them.
- ….Who wears socks with sandals
It doesn’t matter how cold it gets, please don’t make this fashion faux pas.
- …Who wears some shine on their clothes
This can never be cool. Not in any universe. Save for cufflinks on your shirt, or even patent shoes, stay away shiny sheen or metals on clothes. It cheapens the look.
- …That wears suits with too thin ties
They were a trend. Back in the 90s. So throw them away in the bin; especially if you are a man with some extra kilos on your frame. They only emphasise your girth. Skinny ties only work on skinny dudes in a slim fit suit. Otherwise, get a regular sized tie.
- ... Over accessorises
Accessorising is great. Shows a sense of style. And men can wear accessories too, but the rule as with women remains. Less is more. A scarf is a great addition to a casual look in the Nairobi chill. But if you load up on the chains, rings, bracelets and a watch, don’t be surprised when you receive curious stares.
- ….Who wears sunglasses at night
Why would you do that? It isn’t cool. If anything, you are trying too hard to look cool.
- ...Too tight t-shirt
Unless you have a six-pack abs and walking the runway or in a competition showing off your guns, lay off them. It is an uncomfortable sight to behold and we bet it is uncomfortable to wear too.
Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
- Kenyans have Faith in chase for 1,500m gold
- Will Kenya’s star women marathoners deliver at 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession