Don’t be that guy…
By AnnMary Mumbi
| June 30th 2019
DON’T BE THAT GUY…
- …Who wears running shoes with an outfit and calls it casual
Running shoes are for just that. Running. Don’t wear them with your jeans and tee and step out. It makes you look like a fuddy duddy- someone you definitely don’t want to look like.
- …Who keeps long nails, or worse a long pinky nail
A man with long nails is not a good look. And short nails with a long one only on the small finger is just distasteful. If you are going for a polished look, keep your nails short and clean. And always check that there is no dirt behind them.
- ….Who wears socks with sandals
It doesn’t matter how cold it gets, please don’t make this fashion faux pas.
- …Who wears some shine on their clothes
This can never be cool. Not in any universe. Save for cufflinks on your shirt, or even patent shoes, stay away shiny sheen or metals on clothes. It cheapens the look.
- …That wears suits with too thin ties
They were a trend. Back in the 90s. So throw them away in the bin; especially if you are a man with some extra kilos on your frame. They only emphasise your girth. Skinny ties only work on skinny dudes in a slim fit suit. Otherwise, get a regular sized tie.
- ... Over accessorises
Accessorising is great. Shows a sense of style. And men can wear accessories too, but the rule as with women remains. Less is more. A scarf is a great addition to a casual look in the Nairobi chill. But if you load up on the chains, rings, bracelets and a watch, don’t be surprised when you receive curious stares.
- ….Who wears sunglasses at night
Why would you do that? It isn’t cool. If anything, you are trying too hard to look cool.
- ...Too tight t-shirt
Unless you have a six-pack abs and walking the runway or in a competition showing off your guns, lay off them. It is an uncomfortable sight to behold and we bet it is uncomfortable to wear too.
Drama in court as cake evidence goes missingOnguso also questioned how his clients could sell vegetables yet they could not speak Swahili, English or Luo.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
PNU vows to back Raila, form coalition with ODM
By Samson Wire
- Eyes on Navy as Kenya takes tough stance on Somalia
- Grand reception for Raila as he storms Ruto’s Eldoret backyard
- Raila feted for championing unity, development
- Family pays tribute to businessman found dead in park
- Pregnancy, child loss comes with painful, silent grief
HEALTH & SCIENCE