Picture that spoke a thousand words
By IBRAHIM NDAMWE
Last week’s picture of the week was that of Deputy Premier Uhuru Kenyatta stepping forward to receive blessings from his mum, former First Lady Mama Ngina Kenyatta.
The occasion was a prayer meeting in Gatundu where, curiously, reference was made to hunting down a hyena.
In a place teeming with African proverbs, church leaders seemed as misplaced as a senior warrior receiving blessings from his mother before a battle as monstrous as an appointment at The Hague.
More curious was the presence of Eldoret MP William Ruto, who also stepped forward for some motherly love from the former First Lady.
If truth be told, if Ruto had ventured into Gatundu at the height of the post-election violence, and this is not to suggest that he had anything to do with it all, that crowd that was praying for him would have torn him to shreds.
Similarly, had Uhuru ventured into Eldoret at the same time, he would have been forced to flee with poisoned arrows flying at deadly speed towards him.
And yet had the two leaders been photographed together, with Mama Ngina hugging them then, the arrows would have stopped in mid flight.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession