Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) champions General Service Unit (GSU) ended the seventh leg of the National Volleyball League in Nandi County with two wins to top the list of play-offs qualifiers.
GSU beat Administration Police in straight sets of 25-16, 25-17, 25-18 yesterday to qualify for the national play-offs that will take place in Nairobi next month.
Other qualifiers for the play-offs to be played in Kasarani from November 22-24 include Prisons Kenya, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and Kenya Ports Authority (KPA).
GSU also easily raided Equity Bank in straight sets for their second win.
In another match, KDF stamped its authority, handing Kenya Army a 3-0 (25-19, 25-19 and 25-23) beating in the qualifying match.
- READ MORE
- Strong national field for KipKeino Classic at Nyayo
- Stars to watch at Kip Keino Classic
- Kipchoge, Bekele can't afford to slip up
- Coaches speak as titanic London face-off draws closer
- How Atletico were frustrated against dogged Huesca
- Lukaku double fires Inter Milan to big win at Benevento
In the women’s category, Kenya Pipeline, Prisons Kenya, KCB and DCI secured slots in the play-offs.
Prisons Kenya women defeated DCI 3-2 in a five-settter of 25-15, 25-13, 21-25, 21-25 and 15-11.
The Prisons squad also beat KDF women 3-0 in another match to secure its place in the top four.
DCI collected vital points in the battle for the play-offs slot when they came from a set down to beat KDF 3-1.