Former Brazil striker Ronaldinho Gaucho said he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating.
The ex-Barcelona and Paris St Germain player was in Belo Horizonte, where he played for local side Atletico Mineiro when he got his diagnosis.
“I arrived in BH (Belo Horizonte) yesterday, I took the COVID test, I tested positive, I am good, asymptomatic so far,” the two-time FIFA World Player of the year said on Instagram on Sunday.
The former AC Milan, Flamengo and Gremio player said he would remain in a hotel until his condition improved.
The charismatic forward spent a month in a Paraguayan jail with his brother and business manager earlier this year, accused of entering the country with a fake passport.
- READ MORE
- Premier League boss says players must follow rules on celebrations
- PSG manager Pochettino tests positive for COVID-19, to miss Angers game
- What is a Whereabouts Failure?
- Hard to enforce ban on players hugging, says Chelsea's Lampard
- Villa v Everton postponed due to COVID-19 concerns
- Mourinho: No more games should be postponed over COVID-19