Harambee Stars Head Coach Francis Kimanzi and part of his backroom staff have left the National team by mutual consent.
Football Kenya federation revealed in a statement on Tuesday, October 20, Assistant Coach Zedekiah 'Zico' Otieno and Goalkeeper Trainer Lawrence Webo will join Kimanzi in his departure.
FKF thanked the group for their work, saying the progress they made strengthened the National team for future assignments.
“Harambee Stars Head Coach Francis Kimanzi and part of his backroom staff have left the national team by mutual consent. The federation is immensely grateful to Coach Kimanzi and his departing members of Staff that include Assistant Coach Zedekiah Otieno and Goalkeeper Trainer Lawrence Webo for their exemplary work, dedication and unrivalled professionalism, which has strengthened Kenya’s chances of qualifying for the AFCON 2022 final tournament,” said part of FKF’s statement.
Football Kenya Federation has announced the departure of Harambee Stars Head Coach Francis Kimanzi and part of his backroom staff from the national team by mutual consent.https://t.co/VztmNhyW7c
— Football Kenya Federation (@Football_Kenya) October 20, 2020
- READ MORE
- Shocks and surprises as 2020/2021 FKF-Premier League kicks off
- Cecafa Youth: Omala upbeat as Kenya face Uganda
- Kimanzi appointed Wazito coach as he makes Premier League return
- Kenyans online call for 'Ghost' Mulee's sacking
- Former Harambee Stars coach Kimanzi lands new job
- Ghost Mulee reveals how Kenya can still qualify for Africa Cup of Nations despite 2-1 defeat by Comoros
“All at the federation wish them well, in their in their future endeavors, this even as the search for a replacement to take the national team forward begins in earnest. There will be no further comment from FKF until a new appointment is made, in the coming days,” they added.