Midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has withdrawn from Belgium’s squad for Wednesday’s Nations League game against Iceland with an unspecified injury and returned to his club Manchester City, the Belgian national team said.
The 29-year-old was substituted in the second half during Belgium’s 2-1 Nations League defeat by England at Wembley on Sunday.
"Kevin de Bruyne has returned to his club. He couldn't be fit enough to play against Iceland," the Belgian national team said on Twitter.
Manchester City are due to host Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday.
- READ MORE
- De Bruyne in talks to extend Man City contract beyond 2023
- De Bruyne misses penalty as Man City held 1-1 by Liverpool
- Iceland Vs Belgium: Iceland emergency coach takes roundabout route home
- How Lukaku powered Belgium back to winning ways against Iceland
- Rashford matches three Man United legends after scoring penalty for England
- Fernandes hits back at Klopp over penalty claims