Rally co-driver Laura Salvo died after her car crashed during the Rally Vidreiro in Portugal, despite efforts to resuscitate her, and the event was called off as a result.
The 21-year-old was co-driving for Miguel Socias as part of the Peugeot Rally Cup Iberica.
"Peugeot Sport wishes to express their sincerest condolences to the family and friends of co-driver Laura Salvo," Peugeot Sport said on Twitter.
In a statement, organisers said medics attempted to resuscitate the Spaniard but she died at the scene before she could be taken to hospital.
On Twitter, Spanish Formula One driver Carlos Sainz wrote, "Very shocked by the news... All my support and affection to her family and friends."
- READ MORE
- Kenya Prisons women keen to defend KVF league title
- Sprinters line up for Athletics Kenya relay series
- Mathare coach Salim Ali upbeat ahead of Bandari match today
- Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: Dismal Reds see unbeaten home run ended
- NOC-K signs deal with Kenya Charity Sweepstake
- Why Kenyan international Juma does not regret leaving Gor Mahia