Last updated 1 month ago | By Robert Abong'o
Former Harambee Stars defender and captain Musa Otieno has been discharged from Kenyatta National Hospital, where he had been admitted on Friday, June 26.
According to local sources Musa thanked everyone who stood by him, and assured everyone he is feeling much better.
He will now self-isolate as per the Ministry of Health guidelines.
According to a family member, Otieno was put in isolation and had spoken to at least three people before being put on oxygen.
"He was processed and put on oxygen and later placed on isolation," the family member who requested not to be named, said.
"The doctors have not said whether he has contracted COVID-19 or not. However, every precaution is being taken to ensure Otieno is okay. On Sunday, Otieno managed to talk to at least three people," the family member said.
The news was followed by 'Get-well' and support messages on social media, with them, sparking rumours Musa had contracted COVID-19.
“Please join me in prayer my dear friend Musa Otieno Ongao. He has the coronavirus and has been admitted to hospital,” One Kris Humphrey Kaufman posted on Facebook, with a picture Musa in a hospital bed.
Otieno has led programmes seeking to help vulnerable Kenyans during the pandemic period much recently through his Kick Off To Hope organization, which supported over 600 families in low-income areas.
Musa Otieno is Harambee Stars’ most-capped player, with over 100 appearances in 12 years.
He was part of the Harambee Stars squad that participated in the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia.
Locally he donned the colours of Tusker FC and AFC Leopards, before making move to South Africa’s Santos in 1997.
He later ventured into coaching.