The 2019 East African Safari Classic Rally, sponsored by Safaricom, will see 300 police officers deployed as Kenya gears up for the rally starting November 28. Up to 60 boda boda riders will also be engaged. So far 21 entries have been received according to Pipi Renu, the General Manager of the East African Safari Rally Ltd.
“We’ve received 21 entries from local and foreign drivers. Kenya is represented by seven drivers while Sweden is the next highest with three crews,” said Renu.
On Friday, the EA Safari Classic Rally sponsors descended on Pan Afric Hotel to show their support for the event.
Among the guests were Sitoyo Lopokoiyit, the Director Mpesa Safaricom, Marketing Manager of Vivo Energy, Mark Santeu, Sarveer Vohra, Alexander Helfritz (DT Dobie Sales and Marketing Director) and Tushar Mehta (Senior Management Bidco Africa) and MFI.
- READ MORE
- Ready for Gameweek 7? Join Standard Sports Fantasy League
- Man Utd forwards can be big threat this season, says Arteta
- Victor Wanyama: We must celebrate the value of our local communities on World Cities Day
- Good news for Kenyan gamblers as SportPesa makes a major comeback
- Cristiano Ronaldo recovers from COVID-19
- Kenyans react as SportPesa makes surprise comeback