Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- READ MORE
- Tearful Hamilton says he is just getting started
- Hamilton overtakes Schumacher as the most successful Formula One driver of all time
- Javelin: Search for Yego’s successor on
- Honda to leave F1 at the end of 2021 season
- Rescheduled major Marathon is set for October 4: Brigid ready to pop the champagne in London
- Tomas Trucha unveiled at Malaysian club hours after quitting AFC Leopards job