A section of Kenyan soccer lovers supporting English team Tottenham Hotspurs match in the streets of Nairobi to show solidarity with the Kenyan and Spurs midfielder Victor Wanyama.
The fans waved placards wishing Wanyama quick recovery which has claimed the better part of his game time in the 2017/ 2018 season.
- READ MORE
- Strong national field for KipKeino Classic at Nyayo
- Stars to watch at Kip Keino Classic
- Kipchoge, Bekele can't afford to slip up
- Coaches speak as titanic London face-off draws closer
- How Atletico were frustrated against dogged Huesca
- Lukaku double fires Inter Milan to big win at Benevento
The placards read, “Wanyama…Get Well Soon,” as they went round the Nairobi Central Business District and its outskirts. They were also clad in Tottenham Hotspurs jersey and waved the flag of the North London club.
Wanyama last played in August in a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea and has since been sidelined with injury.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochetino lamented his absence in the middle of the park as Spurs went on a string of bad results before bouncing back with a 5-1 thrashing against Stoke City on Saturday.