Manchester United's Chris Smalling rushed to hospital!
SPORTS By Mirror | July 4th 2016
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling was rushed to hospital in Indonesia after fainting following an aggressive bout of food poisoning.
There were reports early on Monday that Smalling had been stung by a jellyfish while learning to surf after a picture of a man, believed to be Smalling, surfaced on social media.
The injured man in the pictures appears to be wearing a neck brace while bandages can also be seen around his head and his left wrist.
However, United moved to quell such reports with a short statement.
"Manchester United can clarify Chris Smalling has had food poisoning during his holiday which resulted in him fainting on Sunday," they said.
"The 26-year-old defender was taken to the hospital and is now feeling fine.
"Smalling is currently on vacation in Bali following his time with England at Euro 2016 before reporting back for pre-season training later this month.
"Chris would like to thank everyone for their well wishes."
Smalling is believed to have jetted off on holiday just 72 hours after England's Euro exit
He was enjoying a short break with long-term partner Sam Cooke following England's humiliating Euro 2016 exit at the hands of Iceland last week.
Smalling has been granted extended summer leave by United boss Jose Mourinho ahead of pre-season training for the new campaign.
The defender is expected to be back with United for the pre-season friendlies which begin.
North Macedonia asks UEFA to investigate whether Arnautovic used racist language after goal