|Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez|
LONDON: Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has reportedly turned to the Mexican as he targets another striker in the new year.
Arsenal scouts are in the process of drawing up an extensive report on Hernandez, with Wenger believed to be preparing a January offer.
Hernandez is open to the idea of leaving Old Trafford after becoming frustrated with a lack of opportunities – with Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie ahead of him in the pecking order.
And Arsenal could offer the 25-year-old a new home, with Wenger keen to land another striker to ease the burden on Olivier Giroud.
The Frenchman has fired his side to the top of the Premier League table, but with only a half-fit Nicklas Bendtner in reserve Wenger is keen to bring in some support.
- READ MORE
- Mistake Wenger made at Arsenal – Ferdinand and Figo in full agreement
- When Manchester United versus Arsenal used to be for the trophies
- I was more mentally sick – Wenger opens up on final days at Arsenal
- REVEALED: How close Cristiano Ronaldo was to joining Arsenal - Wenger
- Kindergarten! Wenger blasts Mourinho in latest reaction on autobiography
- Messi to Ronaldo: 10 deals Arsenal could have completed under Wenger
It’s not clear whether United would be willing to sell Hernandez to a title rival, but Arsenal are being linked with a £7million offer to test the water.
Hernandez still has two-and-a-half years left on his United contract.