Thomas Tuchel's first match in charge of Chelsea ended in a drab 0-0 draw at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League on Wednesday (Jan 27).
A day after replacing Frank Lampard in the Stamford Bridge hot seat Tuchel was left with much to ponder as his side dominated possession but offered little goal threat.
The hosts showed a little more thrust after the break with Ben Chilwell furious with himself after firing high over the bar when well-placed to hit the target.
Wolves defended deeply but almost went ahead when Pedro Neto broke into the box and lobbed an effort onto the roof of the net.
As Chelsea pushed hard for a winner Mateo Kovacic bent an effort agonisingly wide while Callum Hudson-Odoi, given a rare start by the new manager, had a deflected shot well saved.
- READ MORE
- Chelsea defeat a massive blow, says Klopp
- Salah was feeling the intensity, Klopp says after Chelsea defeat
- Mount goal earns Chelsea victory at toothless Liverpool
- Timo Werner sends powerful message to Chelsea fans ahead of Liverpool clash
- De Gea pinpoints Man Utd's crucial failing in their goalless draw at Chelsea
- Man United backtrack over Shaw's damning referee allegations