After losing at the same stadium to the same opponents on Saturday, the Gunners stretched their unbeaten league run to six games.
It didn't go completely to plan, though, as Stuart Armstrong opened the scoring for Southampton after just three minutes as he volleyed home from a corner.
But the visitors were soon back on level terms when Granit Xhaka threaded a pass-through for Nicolas Pepe to control and slot home.
Bukayo Saka then completed the turnaround before the half-time break, racing through to round Alex McCarthy and shoot into an empty net.
- READ MORE
- Premier League trying to relegate West Brom, says Allardyce
- KCB coach Zico prepared for tough match against his former side Gor
- Improving Arsenal have long way to go, says Arteta
- Arsenal post losses of $65.97 million pounds as COVID-19 hits revenues
- Tusker bounce back to winning ways after beating Ulinzi Stars
- Football's rulemaker makes further changes to handball rules
Alexandre Lacazette then sealed the victory for Arsenal, tapping home Saka's cross from close range after a superb switch of play by Cedric Soares.