The Premier League has reached an agreement with the English Football League (EFL) to provide a 250 million pounds ($336.13 million) (Sh38 billion) bailout package for lower division clubs struggling financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Premier League clubs gave their final approval to the agreement at a shareholders' meeting on Thursday.
"A fund of 50 million pounds in the form of a grant and monitored grant payments has been agreed for League One and Two clubs," the Premier League said in a statement.
"The Premier League will provide a further financial commitment to assist the EFL in securing a 200 million pounds loan facility that Championship clubs will be able to utilise interest free."
- READ MORE
- Man City 4-0 Palace: Double for Stones as City crush Palace to go second
- FKF Premier League: Leopards end KCB’s unbeaten streak
- FKF Premier League: Bandari coach Mbungo proud of his players' fighting spirit after win
- Liverpool held to goalless draw by United
- Sadio Mane says Manchester United are better
- Predicted Manchester United lineup against Liverpool