A terrible error from goalkeeper Tim Krul gifted Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang his 50th Premier League goal as Arsenal thumped Norwich City 4-0 at the Emirates on Wednesday, pushing the Canaries ever closer to relegation.
Krul foolishly attempted to fake a long kick and dribble past the Gabon striker in the 33rd minute, but he nicked the ball off the keeper’s foot and rolled it into the net to reach a half-century of goals in the English top flight.
The Gunners scored a brilliant second four minutes later through Granit Xhaka, and though Norwich started the second half brightly, Aubameyang killed the game off with his second goal in the 67th minute.
Cedric Soares came off the bench to score his first goal for Arsenal in the 81st minute as the London club climbed to seventh place on 47 points. Norwich remained bottom on 21 points, six behind 17th-placed West Ham United with six games left.
Wednesday Premier League Full-time results:
- READ MORE
- 10-man Arsenal hold on for goalless draw at Leeds
- Aubameyang, Gabon lose to Gambia after sleeping on airport floor for 6 hours [PHOTOS]
- Aubameyang and Gabon teammates forced to sleep on airport floor [PHOTOS]
- Aubameyang sends fierce message to Kroos after he branded his goal celebration as silly
- Aubameyang sets unwanted Arsenal record in Aston Villa defeat
- Arsenal end wait for 'big six' road win with victory at United
Arsenal 4 – 0 Norwich
Bournemouth 1 – 4 Newcastle
Everton 2 – 1 Leicester
West Ham 2-1 Chelsea underway...