As he prepares for WRC Safari Rally, Kenya National Rally Championships leader Karan Patel is ready to win the Uganda Pearl Rally that zooms off this morning in the districts of Mukono and Bukwe.
Though Karan will be making debut in the competition, he says he will use it as part of preparation ahead of the Safari Rally slated for June 23-26 in Naivasha.
“Our mission here (Uganda) is to win this rally as we gauge how the winning streak could be extended to WRC Safari Rally. But off course, we expect stiff competition from seasoned drivers,” Patel told Standard Sports on phone from Kampala.
He will be co-driven by his compatriot Tauseef Khan in a Ford Fiesta R5, a machine he’s been using in the local KNRC Championships that also led them to win Equator Rally last month.
The total distance of the rally is 426.50km.
- Amwari determined to take Safari Rally by storm
- Remembering driver Tejveer Rai
- Kimathi and Patel finish in top 10 in Uganda rally
- Patel gives himself a pat on the back after Equator Rally win
- KNRC leader Karan Patel wins 2022 ARC Equator Rally
Having gone through the route as they prepared for it yesterday, Patel said it was tough with too many potholes that could be dangerous when it rains.