Sinyolo Girls and Kisumu Day High School are this year’s Kisumu County secondary school’s hockey champions.
Former East African champions Sinyolo Girls thrashed Kisumu Girls 5-0 in a tense final match at Maseno School to retain the title and book a ticket to the Nyanza Regional games set for Rapogi Boys High School in Migori County.
Millicent Adhiambo bagged a brace with captain Mitchel Akoth, Conslate Matengo and Angella Akello also on the score sheet to hand head coach Aloice Owino his fifth consecutive win in the county stage.
Owino lauded his charges for their stellar performances and promised to come back even stronger during the regional games in Migori.
“The girls have been playing well since day one and to emerge champions once more is a good indication that we are improving step by step as we look forward to returning to our peak.
- READ MORE
- All set for 2021 Kisumu County Basketball League 3X3 tournament
- Handball: All set for Handball Super Cup in Kisumu
- Mozzart provides clean water for the people of Machakos County
- Madoya hoping for better showing at Kenya Open
- KTN News Sports anchor Wakhisi nominated for AIPS Sport Media Awards
- Rugby: Kabras Sugar eye perfect start to 2021 Kenya Cup season
“We celebrate today but go back to training tomorrow to work on our mistakes gearing towards the regional games.
“ Teams have been preparing well this year but we will be ready having one eye on the national slot,” he said.
In the boy’s category, Lennox Omondi scored a hat-trick to inspire Kisumu Day to a 7-1 win over Ngere Boys 7-1 and reclaim the title from Maseno School who finished fourth.
In girls basketball , Sinyolo Girls dethroned defending champions Koru Girls 42-26 as Maseno School edged out Onjiko Boys 66-29 to retain the boys’ title.