× Sports Volleyball and Handball Cricket Hockey Gossip & Rumours Premier League Videos Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×
SPORTS

Napoli chief offers Kalidou Koulibaly transfer update amid Man City and Liverpool links

GOSSIP & RUMOURS By Mirror | July 26th 2020
Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, left, challenges Atalanta's Duvan Zapata during a Serie A soccer match between Atalanta and Napoli, at Bergamo's Stadium, northern Italy, Thursday, July 2, 2020. (Giuseppe Zanardelli/LaPresse via AP)

Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli has revealed the club have not yet received any bids for their defender Kalidou Koulibaly amid speculation linking him with the Premier League.

The 29-year-old centre-back has formed a reputation as one of the best defenders in the world following his towering performances in Serie A over the past few seasons.

Due to the financial implications of the coronavirus crisis Napoli are thought to be open to the idea of selling the player this summer, with the likes of Manchester CityLiverpool and Manchester United all having been touted as possible destinations in recent months.

But speaking to DAZN, Giuntoli said as of yet there have been no concrete offers for Koulibaly.

"At this moment, we haven't received any offers," he said. "Koulibaly had important offers in the past and a great deal of interest, but we are in no rush to make decisions."

Napoli are thought to value the player at around £80m, although they may be forced to sell him for less given the financial struggles most clubs are facing at the moment.

Koulibaly himself recently declared his happiness at Napoli, but admitted he may move on in the future if it is the best thing for himself and the club.

Speaking to Radio Kiss Kiss, he said: “I would love to stay at Napoli for life. But I can’t make promises.

Take a quick survey and help us improve our website
Take a survey

“I am part of the project and at the end of the season I will speak to the directors. Right now, my mind is 100% on the pitch.”

Napoli have two games remaining of their Serie A campaign and currently sit seventh in the table, but they also have a Champions League last-16 second leg against Barcelona to play in August, with the scores level after a 1-1 draw in the first leg.

 

Share this story
Sancho's Man United transfer could hinge on Pogba decision
Pogba is still yet to clarify his feelings on his future at Man Utd having previously expressed a desire to switch clubs this summer with Real Madrid
COVID-19 outbreak at Lukaku's Inter Milan
Inter Milan's Serie A match at home to Sassuolo on Saturday is to be postponed and their players will be pulled out of international duty after...
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS
Feedback