Micky Quinn thinks Adam Lallana could be dropped for Liverpool’s crunch clash with Tottenham.
The pundit indicated that the midfielder was not involved in drills this week as Jurgen Klopp prepares his tactics.
Quinn told told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “The more I think about the game the more important it is for Liverpool – they haven’t won in the Premier League this year.
“It’s a massive game for both teams and I think this is Jurgen Klopp’s biggest test since he’s been Liverpool manager.
“Klopp has read this Liverpool team the riot act. Since the defeat against Hull they have been on the training ground every day working to a pattern to beat Spurs.
- READ MORE
- Klopp says Liverpool don't have enough players to rotate
- Tottenham Hotspur return to top of table with 0-0 draw at Chelsea
- Big-spending Chelsea under pressure to win title, says Spurs boss Mourinho
- Europa League Group J: Vinicius opens account with double as Spurs thrash Ludogorets
- Lacklustre Liverpool slump to 2-0 loss to Atalanta
- Spurs confirm losses of Sh 9.2 billion pounds as COVID-19 hits revenue
“By all accounts that didn’t involve Adam Lallana, so whether he’s going to dropped, I’m not too sure.
“But I think Klopp is as much to blame as the players. He’s stuck with certain players who are bang out of form – Firmino, Lucas and Can.
“Spurs haven’t won at Anfield in the league for a long time which is a big plus, but I think Klopp has to step up now and show us what he’s made of, because there are questions over him as well.”
Jurgen Klopp's men have been beaten in four of their last five matches across all competitions, including three successive reverses at Anfield to Swansea, Wolves and Southampton.
With Liverpool out of both domestic cup competitions, finishing within the Premier League's top four is the minimum expectation but defeat by the Tigers saw them slip to fifth in the latest Premier League table.