Sergio Aguero has dropped the biggest hint yet that he could leave Manchester City at the end of the season, as per the Sun.
The striker remained on the bench for the 2-1 victory over Swansea City on Sunday.
New signing Gabriel Jesus has been preferred as a forward by Pep Guardiola in recent matches, and he performed exemplary well at the Etihad against Swansea.
Aguero revealed that he could potentially leave City at the end of the season unless he can regain his place.
He said: “I have to help the team as much as I can in these three months, afterwards we’ll see what the club wants to do with me.
- READ MORE
- Players are losing the joy of playing, says Man City's Guardiola
- Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi 'job for life'
- Tottenham 2-0 Manchester City: Mourinho plays down Premier League title talk
- Man City boss Guardiola hopes Messi ends career at Barcelona
- Tottenham face title test, wounded Liverpool host leaders Leicester
- Guardiola extends Man City contract to 2023
“In these last three months that are left I have to help the club and as I say the club will decide if I have a place here or not.
“Now I have to watch what he [Gabriel Jesus] does, to learn a little. I am how I am. I have spent a lot of years in Europe playing this way.
“When you’re on the bench you have to wait for your opportunity. I have three months to do my best and help the team and we’ll see what happens.”