Vihiga Queens are seven points away from reclaiming the Football Kenya Federation Women Premier League after extending their unbeaten run to 16 matches.
Topister Situma scored four goals as the three-time champions Vihiga Queens thrashed relegation-threatened Kayole Starlets 7-0 at Mumias Complex in Kakamega.
Eve Chemutai scored a brace while Mercyline Anyango also hit the target as CECAFA Women Club defending champions inched closer to their fourth title
Vihiga Queens, who are still unbeaten and have recorded two draws, lead the log on 44 points from 16 rounds with only six matches to go.
- How Vihiga Queens won their 4th FKF Women's Premier League title
- Female driver Wahome makes WRC Safari Rally Kenya history
- Olympic champion Jacobs wins Italian 100m title
- Petr Cech to leave role as Chelsea's technical and performance adviser
- Reports: Arsenal have reached an agreement with Manchester City to sign Gabriel Jesus
The Boniface Nyamunyamu led outfit now need only seven points out of the maximum 18 points to win the league.
Zetech Sparks continued with their fine run of form, defeating defending champions Thika Queens 2-1 at GEMS Cambridge through goals from Elizabeth Wanyoyi and Juliet Andibo’s own goal. Stella Odhiambo scored Thika’s consolation.
Thika Queens are fourth on the log on 30 points same as third-placed Gaspo Women who have a superior goal difference.
Second-placed Ulinzi Starlets edged out Nakuru City Queens 2-1 at Ruaraka Grounds.
Ulinzi Starlets are now 11 points behind Vihiga Queens.
Kisumu All Stars are bottom of the log with 10 points and remain primed to be relegated at the end of the season.