Advantage Homeboyz face Sofapaka with FKF-PL title inches away
Kakamega Homeboyz will be looking to consolidate their advantage at the top of the Football Kenya Federation Premier League table when they travel to play Sofapaka at Kasarani Annex on Sunday.
Homeboyz, who enjoy a nine-point lead at the top which could stretch to 12 points after their closest rivals Tusker and Gor Mahia dropped points on Saturday. The two sides played out to a 0-0 draw at Thika Stadium.
Homeboyz need to win six of the remaining 10 matches to secure their first ever league title. The Kakamega based club have only lost twice this season. (against FC Talanta in January and Bandari last month.)
Elsewhere, Fresh thumping Kenya Police 3-0 last weekend, AFC Leopards will also be at Thika Sub County Stadium against relegation-threatened Wazito on Sunday.
For AFC Leopards who will be banking on Cliff Nyakeya, Johnmark Makwatta and youngster Kayci Odhiambo, a win against Wazito will push them to ninth.
- Muhoroni Youth upbeat ahead of Super League top of the table clash
- Kenya football woes continue as Talanta dish walkover to Homeboyz
- Kakamega Homeboyz pray for safe landing in league title race
- KCB rally to host Sharks as Gor Mahia, Tusker drop points
- AFC Leopards end five-match winless streak as FKF-PL enters final stretch
At the same time, Nairobi City Stars can move third in the log if they defeat Ulinzi Stars at Ruaraka.
The other matche will feature Nzoia Sugar entertaining Bandari at Sudi Stadium
Nairobi City Stars v Ulinzi Stars (Ruaraka)
Nzoia Sugar v Bandari (Sudi)
Sofapaka v Kakamega Homeboyz (Kasarani Annex)
Wazito v AFC Leopards (Thika)