Liverpool suffered a huge blow in their hopes of winning the Premier League title as they could only draw 1-1 at home to Tottenham Hotspur on a tense night at Anfield on Saturday.
Luis Diaz cancelled out Son Heung-min's opener to preserve Liverpool's long unbeaten run at home in the Premier League and send them top of the table on goal difference.
But reigning champions Manchester City can move three points clear with three games to play if they win their game in hand at home to Newcastle United on Sunday.
Liverpool dominated possession but Tottenham dug deep defensively and Son stunned the hosts when he converted Ryan Sessegnon's cross from close range in the 56th minute.
Tottenham looked capable of holding on and moving into fourth spot until Diaz cut in from the left in the 74th minute and his shot took a wicked deflection to beat Hugo Lloris.
- Liverpool sign defender Ramsay from Aberdeen
- Bayern agree deal for Liverpool's Mane- reports
- Benfica announce agreement to transfer Darwin Nunez to Liverpool- $78.59 million deal
- Liverpool confirm Origi exit
- Sadio Mane drops hint on Liverpool future and breaks silence on his next move
Liverpool and Manchester City both have 83 points while Tottenham remain in fifth spot with 62 points, one behind fourth-placed Arsenal who host Leeds United on Sunday.