English Championship side Watford have announced the signing of Kenyan Under-23 international Henry Ochieng.
The 22-year-old has joined the Clarets until the end of the season and will play for the club’s academy.
The Kenyan international made his senior debut in 2016 for Leyton Orient after spending time at academies at the same club and in West Ham.
Ochieng has featured for Braintree Town, Welwyn Garden City, Wingate and Finchley and Cork City in the League of Ireland Premier Division.
- READ MORE
- Meet Kenya’s women and men who broke virgin ground in athletics
- AFC Leopards seek to end winless run against Homeboyz
- Munala rallies his KCB stars to hit back against Pipeline
- MMUST upbeat ahead of Kabras Sugar test
- Kenya’s best chasing Olympic qualification in Doha
- KTN News Sports anchor Wakhisi nominated for AIPS Sport Media Awards
“We are pleased to confirm the signing of Kenya U23 international @HenryOchieng, who joins our academy,” the club announced on Twitter.
Ochieng also expressed delight on Twitter saying: Delighted to have signed for Watford FC. Looking forward to the new journey ahead.”
Watford are currently third in the Championship with 46 points after 25 games. They travel to 16th-placed Millwall on Tuesday, January 26.