The German, who has reportedly agreed to terminate his contract at Arsenal, is set to complete a free transfer to Fenerbahce this January.
On Sunday Ozil tweeted the number 67 alongside a heart emoji.
The number is significant to Ozil as his hometown of Zonguldak in Turkey has a postal code that starts with 67.
Ozil is set to wear the number until the end of the season before he will then take on his trademark 10, which he currently wears at Arsenal.
- READ MORE
- Arsenal manager Arteta speaks on his Barcelona links
- 'Improving' Arsenal heading in the right direction, says Arteta
- Arsenal rekindle European hopes with 3-1 win at Leicester
- Arsenal midfielder Willian admits he really wanted to stay at Chelsea
- Europa League round of 16 draw: AC Milan v Man Utd
- Arsenal 3-2 Benfica: Aubameyang leads Arsenal into Europa League last 16
Mesut Ozil has apparently announced he will wear the number 67 shirt at Fenerbahce.
Ozil feel down the pecking order at an alarming rate this season, with Mikel Arteta leaving him out of his Premier League and Europa League squads.
The German vowed to see out the remainder of his £350,000-a-week contract, which expires at the end of the season.
But Ozil has since U-turned, amid interest from DC United and Fenerbahce.
According to The Athletic, Arsenal and Ozil have no reached an agreement for the midfielder to terminate his current contract early.
This means that Ozil will miss out on £7million he is due between now until the end of the season, but also enables him to join Fenerbahce midseason.