Emile Smith-Rowe and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored in extra time as Mikel Arteta's side began their FA Cup defence with a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Newcastle United in the third round at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Substitute Smith-Rowe was initially shown a straight red in stoppage time by referee Chris Kavanagh for a tackle on Matthew Longstaff before it was downgraded to a yellow card following a VAR review.
The 20-year-old midfielder went on the score the opener as he latched on to a ball from Alexandre Lacazette inside the box before slipping it past Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka.
Aubameyang also found the net from close range in the final minutes of extra time to extend Arsenal's winning run to four games in all competitions.
- READ MORE
- Arsenal investigating Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's alleged Covid breach
- Magical Aubameyang scores first ever Premier League hat-trick
- Man United tackle Leicester as Man City take on Everton in FA Cup quarters
- Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea: Abraham proves Tuchel's hero at both ends to book FA Cup quarter-final spot
- Arsenal will pay Benfica compensation but Liverpool and Man Utd won't in European fixtures fallout
- Bernard seals Everton win in nine-goal Cup classic against Spurs