Utah running back Ty Jordan, the 2020 Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year, died Saturday morning in an accidental shooting in Texas, ABC4 News of Salt Lake City reported.
Family and sources close to the player shared the news on social media and with ABC4, but there was no immediate official confirmation.
According to Denton Police Department, they responded to a report of a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Avenue B.
The individual was pronounced dead and preliminary investigation indicates the victim accidentally shot himself.
- READ MORE
- AFC Leopards hunt down Ulinzi as KCB share spoils with Sofapaka
- Indiza leads 12-man team to Kenya Open showpiece
- Tiger faces hard recovery to get out of the woods
- Lionel Messi double helps Barcelona see off Elche
- Man City not clinical enough in 2-0 win against Glabach - Guardiola
- Mendy fires late winner as Real Madrid struggle to beat 10-man Atalanta
Jordan, a three-star recruit from Mesquite, Texas, finished the season with 597 rushing yards on just 83 carries in five games for the Utes (3-2). He averaged 7.2 yards per carry and 119.4 per game.