Utah running back Ty Jordan, the 2020 Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year, died Saturday morning in an accidental shooting in Texas, ABC4 News of Salt Lake City reported.
Family and sources close to the player shared the news on social media and with ABC4, but there was no immediate official confirmation.
According to Denton Police Department, they responded to a report of a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Avenue B.
The individual was pronounced dead and preliminary investigation indicates the victim accidentally shot himself.
- READ MORE
- Shujaa, Lionesses pick up vital lessons at Madrid 7s
- Netball: Ganec and Ulinzi win first leg league fixtures
- Expect a world class Eldoret Marathon, technical team says
- After long walk, Okello ready for the real deal
- Everton win at Goodison as Richarlison sinks Southampton
- What is Barcagate? All you need to know about Barcelona scandal
Jordan, a three-star recruit from Mesquite, Texas, finished the season with 597 rushing yards on just 83 carries in five games for the Utes (3-2). He averaged 7.2 yards per carry and 119.4 per game.