Cristiano Ronaldo had a penalty saved as Juventus were held to yet another Serie A draw in an entertaining encounter with Atalanta which finished 1-1 in Turin on Wednesday.
A stunning strike from Federico Chiesa put the Italian champions in front in the first half, but Remo Freuler’s powerful effort crashed off the bar and in to earn the visitors a deserved point after the break.
Ronaldo spurned a golden chance to put the hosts back in front minutes later, but his tame spot kick was comfortably held by Pierluigi Gollini.
Andrea Pirlo’s side are third with 24 points, six ahead of Atalanta in eighth, and although they remain unbeaten this season, they have drawn half of their 12 league games.
- READ MORE
- Solskjaer urges Rashford to learn from Ronaldo
- Mendy fires late winner as Real Madrid struggle to beat 10-man Atalanta
- Ronaldo and girlfriend’s Sh400,000 ‘scary-looking' cat escapes death
- Ronaldo double helps Juve cruise past Crotone to go third
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s heaviest burden at Juventus
- Lukaku masterclass helps Inter beat Lazio to go top of Serie A