Atletico Madrid forward Luis Suarez is set to return to action this weekend after the Liga club confirmed on Thursday that the Uruguayan had returned a negative COVID-19 test.
The 33-year-old tested positive for coronavirus last month on international duty and missed his country's win over Colombia and defeat by Brazil as well as Atleti's last four fixtures.
"Luis Suarez will rejoin the first team group training session... after returning a negative PCR test conducted by La Liga," a club statement read.
Suarez joined Atleti from Barcelona in the last transfer window and has scored five goals in six La Liga appearances for the Rojiblancos.
Diego Simeone's side, who host Valladolid on Saturday before travelling to Salzburg for a crunch Champions League group stage tie on Wednesday, currently sit second in La Liga on 23 points, one point behind leaders Real Sociedad with two games in hand.
- READ MORE
- Atletico dumped out of Cup by third division Cornella
- Uhuru: Sports activities in schools to remain prohibited
- Real Madrid return to La Liga summit again
- Married Premier League star 'breaks Covid-19 rules for drug-fuelled gay sex party'
- MOTORSPORT: Mirza ready to rev again after months of inactivity
- Morans keep Afrobasket dream alive in season disrupted by COVID-19