Former England international Joleon Lescott has signed for Spanish fourth division side Racing Murcia, the club said on Friday.
In a surprising move, the club announced on Twitter that the 38-year-old former Everton and Manchester City defender would link up with the side ahead of their upcoming Copa del Rey tie against La Liga outfit Levante next month.
Lescott retired from professional football in 2017 and it remains to be seen whether the agreement extends beyond a one-off appearance.
“Our president Morris Pagniello and Racing Murcia are happy to announce the signing of English star Joleon Lescott, who will play in our Copa del Rey fixture against Levante,” the club said.
Lescott made over 600 appearances in his professional career and was part of England’s Euro 2012 squad, where he scored against France. Last year he took up the role of loans manager at former club Man City.
- READ MORE
- Guardiola to get Sh29 billion for transfers – Lukaku top of Man City wishlist
- Man City 4-0 Palace: Double for Stones as City crush Palace to go second
- Despite 35 people self-isolating due to Covid-19, Villa insist Man City still game on
- Foden grabs winner as Man City edge out dogged Brighton
- Kylian Mbappe linked with shock move to Premier League club
- Run less, win more, says Man City's Guardiola