The Kenya national Under-20 football team thrashed Ethiopia 3-0 on Monday at the Sheikh Amri Abeid Stadium in Arusha, Tanzania to kick start this year's Cecafa Under-20 Championships on a high note.
Gor Mahia striker Benson Omala, Ronald Reagan and Enock Wanyama each scored for the Rising Stars.
Omala, a Kisumu Day High School student, gave Kenya a slender 1-0 lead at the break after heading in the 39th minute.
Ronald Reagan doubled the Rising Stars advantage two minutes after the restart before Enoch Wanyama put the game to rest with a tap in goal ten minutes from time.
Kenya moved top of Group C with three points after the match ahead of their second match against Sudan on Friday.
- READ MORE
- Cecafa Youth: Omala upbeat as Kenya face Uganda
- Kimutai, Chepchirchir shine at Under-20 Championships pre-trials meet
- Fernandes hits back at Klopp over penalty claims
- Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Sam Allardyce enjoys first win as 'tough love' pays off
- Key battles in Liverpool's Man Utd showdown
- West Ham 1-0 Burnley: Antonio earns West Ham win over Burnley
Ethiopia will face Sudan in their next match on Wednesday.
Kenya will next face Sudan on Friday at 1 pm with the winner of the group qualifying for the semifinals.
The finalists of the tourney earn an automatic slot to the U20 Africa Cup of Nations.
Kenya U20 Starting 11: Maxwell Mulili (GK), Fredrick Alushula, Lewis Bandi, Frank Odhiambo, Alphonse Omija, Steiner Musasia, Benson Omala, Enoch Wanyama, Matthew Mwendwa, Simon Omondi, Ronald Reagan.
Substitutes: Brian Opondo, Kevinton Machika, Sellasie otieno, Nicholas Ochieng, Collins Sichenje, Henry Atola, Ronald Sichenje, Fortune Omoto, Boniface Mwangemi.