Kenya’s Moving The Goalposts (MTG) women team has won the prestigious UN 2020 Sports for Gender Equality Collective Impact Award.
The Kilifi-based women football team won the award for using football to achieve gender equality and empower disadvantaged girls and young women.
“We are delighted that Moving The Goalposts (MTG) has been named as the winners for the 2020 Sport for Gender Equality Collective Impact Award Backed by Comic Relief - a Beyond Sport Foundation partner since 2014,” said MTG Executive Director Dorcas Amakobe
Amakobe said the award was in recognition of their efforts to promote gender equality and will enable the teamwork jointly to strengthen the impact and promote joint learning.
- READ MORE
- When desire to excel remains the only hope for disabled footballers
- NOC-K visits athletics camps ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Coach Tarus is determined to rewrite history with GSU
- Kisumu All Stars edge Hot Stars in ‘Kisumu Dala Derby’
- Dortmund star Bellingham helping raise funds for school construction in Mombasa
- Kabras Sugar and KCB to renew rivalry in Kenya Cup curtain-raiser
MTG was awarded the award together with Kenya’s Pamoja Initiative, Uganda’s Soccer Without Borders and Sport-Aid Development Trust of Zambia for their efforts in using sports to progress the UN Development Goal 5.
In 2017, MTG won the Global Goals World Cup in New York.