x
× Sports Volleyball and Handball Cricket Hockey Gossip & Rumours Premier League videos TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Digital News Opinions E-Paper Videos Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog Enterprise VAS E-Learning E-Paper The Standard Group Corporate RSS
Login ×

Wales manager Ryan Giggs denies assault allegations

Last updated 4 months ago | By Reuters

Wales coach Ryan Giggs talks to media prior to the UEFA Nations League soccer match between Bulgaria and Wales at Vassil Levski national stadium in Sofia, Bulgaria, Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020. (AP Photo/Anton Uzunov)

Wales manager Ryan Giggs denied allegations of assault on Tuesday after British media reported he had been arrested following a disturbance at his home.

“Mr. Giggs denies all allegations of assault made against him,” representatives of the 46-year-old said.

“He is cooperating with the police and will continue to assist them with their ongoing investigations.”

The Sun reported that police were called to the former Manchester United winger’s home on Sunday night after receiving reports of a disturbance.

The paper quoted Greater Manchester Police as saying: “Police were called at 10.05pm on Sunday to reports of a disturbance. A woman in her 30s sustained minor injuries but did not require any treatment.

Manchester United assistant coach Ryan Giggs (R) chats with new head coach Louis van Gaal during a training session at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, on July 22, 2014, where the English Premier League side plays Major League Soccer's LA Galaxy on July 23. [AFP PHOTO/Frederic J. Brown]

“A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 47 assault and section 39 common assault.”

He was released on bail pending enquiries, the paper said.

The Welsh football association (FAW) noted the allegations against Giggs.

“The FAW is aware of an alleged incident involving the men’s national team manager Ryan Giggs,” it said in a statement.

“The FAW will be making no further comment at this current time.”

Wales were due to name their squad on Tuesday for November matches against the United States, Ireland and Finland but have postponed it, reports said.

Share this story
Feedback