Kenya U20 national team, the Rising Stars, and the members of their technical bench have undergone mandatory COVID-19 tests ahead of the Cecafa U20 championships.
The team reported to camp on Saturday and have a scheduled friendly match against Sudan in preparations for the regional showpiece.
Two friendlies are set to be played by the team today and Thursday at the MISC Kasarani Stadium before they leave for the tournament, to be played between November 22, and December 6 in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Rising Stars have been pooled in Group C of the tournament alongside Ethiopia and Sudan.
- READ MORE
- When desire to excel remains the only hope for disabled footballers
- NOC-K visits athletics camps ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Coach Tarus is determined to rewrite history with GSU
- Kisumu All Stars edge Hot Stars in ‘Kisumu Dala Derby’
- Dortmund star Bellingham helping raise funds for school construction in Mombasa
- Kabras Sugar and KCB to renew rivalry in Kenya Cup curtain-raiser
Group A comprises hosts Tanzania, Rwanda, Somalia, and Djibouti, while Group B will have Burundi, Eritrea, South Sudan, and Uganda.
The top teams in each of the three groups will proceed to the tournament’s semi-finals, alongside one best runner-up. The finalists, meanwhile, are set to earn an automatic slot at the Africa U20 Cup of Nations.