Kenya U20 national team, the Rising Stars, and the members of their technical bench have undergone mandatory COVID-19 tests ahead of the Cecafa U20 championships.
The team reported to camp on Saturday and have a scheduled friendly match against Sudan in preparations for the regional showpiece.
Two friendlies are set to be played by the team today and Thursday at the MISC Kasarani Stadium before they leave for the tournament, to be played between November 22, and December 6 in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Rising Stars have been pooled in Group C of the tournament alongside Ethiopia and Sudan.
- READ MORE
- 48-year-old veteran athlete eyes long run in politics after 27 years in athletics
- Lady Bucks, Lakeside ready for new KBF season
- KCB coach Zico prepared for tough match against his former side Gor
- Kabras, KCB seek to continue good start
- Charania set to overcome pressure at Kenya Open
- Electronic timing to be employed in this year’s Eldoret City Marathon
Group A comprises hosts Tanzania, Rwanda, Somalia, and Djibouti, while Group B will have Burundi, Eritrea, South Sudan, and Uganda.
The top teams in each of the three groups will proceed to the tournament’s semi-finals, alongside one best runner-up. The finalists, meanwhile, are set to earn an automatic slot at the Africa U20 Cup of Nations.