Kenya and their perennial rivals Uganda are among the 10 teams that have confirmed their participation in the upcoming Cecafa U17 and U20 AFCON Qualifiers to be held in Tanzania and Rwanda respectively.
The U17 competition slated for November 22-December 6 will be the first regional tournament in the post-Covid-19 football return formula and the first tournament since Auka Gecheo assumed the role of Executive Director in March.
The junior tournament will be followed by the U20 competition scheduled for December 13-28.
Other member states that will feature in both tournaments to be pooled into two groups include hosts Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti.
The decision to kick start football activities in the region was reached during Cecafa's Executive Committee meeting in Arusha on October 10.
- READ MORE
- Maradona's heart was 'twice normal weight' as investigation into death continues
- Maradona's son asks Messi to give up No.10 shirt at Barcelona and Argentina
- Man United 1-3 PSG: Neymar strikes twice as PSG win at Old Trafford
- Ronaldo scores 750th goal in first Champions League with female referee
- Four-goal Giroud seals top spot for dominant Chelsea at Sevilla
- Dortmund overcome Haaland absence to draw with Lazio 1-1
According to Cecafa all participating teams will cater for their Covid-19 testing related costs.