Romelu Lukaku reportedly talked Alexis Sanchez and Ashley Young into swapping Manchester United for Inter Milan because of a divided dressing room at Old Trafford.
Belgium international Lukaku made the move from United to Inter last summer in a £74m transfer and enjoyed an impressive maiden campaign in Italy. Sanchez followed soon after on an initial loan deal that has since been made permanent, while Young was snapped up on a short-term contract in January.
According to La Repubblica, Lukaku had a big say in those deals after persuading the pair into joining him at San Siro. Lukaku is said to have informed Sanchez and Young of how different life was at Inter compared to United, with no splits in the Nerazzurri camp.
- READ MORE
- Lukaku double in 3-2 win at Glabdach keeps Inter hopes alive
- How former Man United's Lukaku saved Inter again
- Champions League round-up: Bayern break Atletico Madrid, Lukaku makes history
- Iceland Vs Belgium: Iceland emergency coach takes roundabout route home
- How Lukaku powered Belgium back to winning ways against Iceland
- Maradona's heart was 'twice normal weight' as investigation into death continues