Inter Milan’s Ashley Young has tested positive for COVID-19, the Serie A club said on Sunday, becoming the sixth member of their squad to be infected in the last week.
Inter said in a statement that the Englishman, who plays as a full back or winger, was in quarantine at home.
Midfielders Roberto Gagliardini and Radja Nainggolan also returned positive results from tests carried out at Inter’s training ground this week.
Defenders Alessandro Bastoni and Milan Skriniar tested positive while with Italy under-21 and Slovakia senior squads, respectively.
Under Serie A rules, players who test positive have to quarantine for 14 days, which could leave Inter seriously depleted for their derby against AC Milan on Oct. 17.
- READ MORE
- Rangers crowned Scottish champions as Celtic held by Dundee United
- CONMEBOL suspends March World Cup qualifiers due to pandemic
- Shujaa to play in October in condensed 2021 World 7s Series
- Former football megastar Pele vaccinated in Brazil
- Member of Juve first-team staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Basketball: Emyba edge Lakeside to register second win at Nyayo