Inter Milan’s Ashley Young has tested positive for COVID-19, the Serie A club said on Sunday, becoming the sixth member of their squad to be infected in the last week.
Inter said in a statement that the Englishman, who plays as a full back or winger, was in quarantine at home.
Midfielders Roberto Gagliardini and Radja Nainggolan also returned positive results from tests carried out at Inter’s training ground this week.
Defenders Alessandro Bastoni and Milan Skriniar tested positive while with Italy under-21 and Slovakia senior squads, respectively.
Under Serie A rules, players who test positive have to quarantine for 14 days, which could leave Inter seriously depleted for their derby against AC Milan on Oct. 17.
- READ MORE
- Kenya’s best chasing Olympic qualification in Doha
- Blessing in disguise for Kenyan Camp as Africa Cross Country Championships postponed
- Sh120 billion – Here’s how much Covid-19 has cost your favourite club
- UEFA cancel Under-19 Euro finals
- Tevez heartbroken: Father dies after Covid-19 battle
- Majority of Asia's World Cup qualifiers postponed until June due to COVID-19