Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has become the second player from the English Premier League champions to test positive for COVID-19 this week.
The club said in a statement on Friday that the Senegalese, who scored in Monday's 3-1 league win over Arsenal, has displayed minor symptoms of the virus but feels in good health overall.
On Tuesday, Liverpool's new midfield signing Thiago Alcantara tested positive and was also reported to be displaying minor symptoms.
"Liverpool Football Club are – and will continue to – follow all protocols relating to COVID-19 and Mane will self-isolate for the required period of time," said the statement.
- READ MORE
- Work permits needed for EU players under Premier League post-Brexit rules
- Team Glock retain title as Team Ceska Zbrojovka finish second
- Veteran runners now own schools in their counties
- Jones seals progress for depleted Liverpool with win over Ajax
- FC Porto 0 - 0 Manchester City: Olympiakos eliminated after Marseille loss, both to fight for Europa League spot
- Champions League: Atletico still not through as Mueller snatches draw for Bayern