BetLion, Africa’s online leading gaming platform, have announced a new social responsibility activity that aims to develop sports at the grassroots dubbed BetLion Streets.
The campaign will involve them travelling to different locations and awarding a local team in that area with brand new BetLion kit and different training equipment, to help facilitate the team when training for local games and tournaments in addition to developing their personal skills.
The programme will be spearheaded by former Harambee Stars captain and assitant coach, Musa Otieno “We have always made a commitment to developing sport in the regions we operate in.
The commencement of this ambitious programme is a testament to that promise. We selected Musa Otieno to lead this programme as he embodies the characteristics anyone who wants to be a career sports person should follow,” BetLion Managing Director, Spencer Okach, said.
“I am excited to partner with BetLion on this programme,” Otieno said. “It’s such programmes with the objectives of not only developing one’s technical skill, but also interpersonal skills that creates the right mix for sportspersons,” he said.
- READ MORE
- Why Gor Mahia fans will never forgive Musa Otieno
- Grief casts shadow over Khabib ahead of UFC title showdown
- Messi Vs Ronaldo Champions League clash could see fans return
- Al Ahly through to African Champions League final
- Bamford grabs hat-trick as Leeds end Villa's winning start
- Hakim Ziyech: I joined Chelsea to win trophies
BetLion said they hope to run a programme that will see more people take up sports as a career.