BetLion, Africa’s online leading gaming platform, have announced a new social responsibility activity that aims to develop sports at the grassroots dubbed BetLion Streets.
The campaign will involve them travelling to different locations and awarding a local team in that area with brand new BetLion kit and different training equipment, to help facilitate the team when training for local games and tournaments in addition to developing their personal skills.
The programme will be spearheaded by former Harambee Stars captain and assitant coach, Musa Otieno “We have always made a commitment to developing sport in the regions we operate in.
The commencement of this ambitious programme is a testament to that promise. We selected Musa Otieno to lead this programme as he embodies the characteristics anyone who wants to be a career sports person should follow,” BetLion Managing Director, Spencer Okach, said.
“I am excited to partner with BetLion on this programme,” Otieno said. “It’s such programmes with the objectives of not only developing one’s technical skill, but also interpersonal skills that creates the right mix for sportspersons,” he said.
- READ MORE
- Shujaa, Lionesses pick up vital lessons at Madrid 7s
- Netball: Ganec and Ulinzi win first leg league fixtures
- Expect a world class Eldoret Marathon, technical team says
- After long walk, Okello ready for the real deal
- Everton win at Goodison as Richarlison sinks Southampton
- What is Barcagate? All you need to know about Barcelona scandal
BetLion said they hope to run a programme that will see more people take up sports as a career.