Son Heung-min scored four goals set up by Harry Kane as Tottenham Hotspur came from a goal down to overwhelm Southampton 5-2 on Sunday and earn their first Premier League win of the season.
In an action-packed first half at St Mary's, both sides had a goal ruled out by VAR before Danny Ings finished well from a tight angle in the 32nd minute to put Southampton ahead.
The hosts deserved their lead and had chances to add a second before Son, with Spurs' first shot at goal, latched onto a fine first-time pass from Kane before equalising in first-half stoppage time.
That same combination unlocked the hosts two minutes after the break, with Son taking advantage of a high Saints defensive line before racing clear to score.
Son's first Premier League hat-trick was completed in the 64th minute before Kane set him up again to complete a memorable afternoon with another clinical finish 17 minutes from time.
- READ MORE
- Jose Mourinho reacts after shocking Lanzini equaliser at the death
- Dutch striker breaks scoring record as Arsenal demolish Spurs 6-1
- Mourinho, Bale shocked as Lanzini scores thunderbolt at the death!
- Son drives Tottenham to the top of South Korean popularity stakes
- Star defender injured ahead of England's Nations League clash
- Manchester United complete signing of 33 year-old Edinson Cavani
Kane himself completed the rout with a close-range finish before Ings grabbed a late Southampton consolation from the penalty spot.