Wolves did not disclose the fee paid for the defender but British media reported the English club paid around two million euros ($2.37 million) for the 31-year-old.
Marcal’s signing follows the capture of Portuguese teenager Fabio Silva from Porto on Saturday for a club-record fee that was reported to be around 35 million pounds ($46.50 million).
Marcal helped Lyon reach the Champions League semi-final last season and made 26 appearances in all competitions and he is Wolves’ third recruit in the offseason after goalkeeper Matija Sarkic was signed from Aston Villa on a free transfer.
Wolves, who finished seventh last season, begin the new league campaign on Sept. 14 at Sheffield United.
- READ MORE
- Wolves manager provides update on Raul Jimenez after clash of heads with David Luiz
- Wolves striker Jimenez taken to hospital with head injury
- Wolves hang on for 2-1 victory at Arsenal
- Deflected Jimenez strike gives Wolves narrow 1-0 win over Leeds
- Why Barcelona star left Messi to join the English Premier League
- Manchester City off to winning start with victory at Wolves