Brazil international Philippe Coutinho will return to Barcelona following a successful loan spell at champions Bayern Munich.
Coutinho, 28, who failed to find his feet at Barcelona following a move from English champions Liverpool in 2018 was loaned to the Bavarians in 2019.
"We would like to thank Coutinho very much. With his creativity and excellent technique, he has invigorated our game during this treble-winning season. He proved that it was a good decision to sign him on loan. We all wish Philippe the best for his career going forward, “said Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
"Even though FC Bayern and Philippe Coutinho are parting ways after just one season, his commitment in Munich has made it clear what an outstanding player he is. Unfortunately, he could not be used more often due to injuries and an operation. He can be rightly proud of his contribution to the treble, especially in the Champions League finals tournament in Lisbon. All the best for the future, Philippe!" Hasan Salihamidži?, Bayern’s Sporting Director said.
- READ MORE
- Messi salutes Maradona as Barca trounce Osasuna
- Chelsea ‘in equation’ to sign Lionel Messi
- Barcelona's stadium could soon be named after Lionel Messi
- Bayern reach Champions League knockout stage with 3-1 win over Salzburg
- Champions League: Youthful Barca take care of Dynamo to seal knockout place
- Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi 'job for life'
Coutinho made 38 appearances for Bayern, scoring 11 goals and giving nine assists.