Gor Mahia have confirmed the signing of teenage sensation striker Benson Omalla Ochieng and goalkeeper Samuel Njau.
K'Ogallo announced the signing of the 17-year-old on Monday and he has signed a five -year contract with the club from Western Stima FC.
“Former Western Stima forward Benson Omalla joins Gor Mahia on a five-year deal contract. The teen prodigy burst into the limelight last season as he top-scored for Western Stima, scoring nine league goals that included a sensational hat-trick against Zoo FC in December,” Gor Mahia confirmed on their official website.
“Omalla will be following in the footsteps of captain Kenneth Muguna who has met huge success after joining the Gor Mahia from the Kisumu Club.”
— GOR MAHIA FC (@OfficialGMFC) September 1, 2020
- READ MORE
- Gor coach Pinto eyes third win as K’Ogalo host Vihiga
- Why Kenyan international Juma does not regret leaving Gor Mahia
- K'Ogalo thrash Western Stima 3-1 in Kisumu
- Olunga writes farewell message to fans after completing move to Qatar
- Kenyan football fans react to Gor Mahia appointing new coach Vaz Pinto
- Gor Mahia FC name Portuguese Carlos Manuel Vaz Pinto as new head coach
Omalla became the youngest player to win the Kenyan Premier League (KPL) Player of the Month Award when he was crowned the best of December 2019.
Omalla, a form four student at Kisumu Day High School, was also in the Chapa Dimba na Safaricom All-Star team that went to Spain last year after emerging top scorer in Nyanza regional contest.
Gor Mahia also annouced the signing of Goalkeeper Samuel Njau from Western Stima on a three-year deal contract, according to the club's website.
Njau previously turned out for Sony Sugar and horned his skills earlier at Ligi Ndogo.
Njau will fight it out with veteran Boniface Oluoch and another new signing Levis Opiyo for the number one spot.