Three Atalanta players have tested positive for COVID-19 but all are asymptomatic and have been isolated, the Serie A club said in a statement on Monday.
The tests were carried out ahead of Atalanta's Monday return to training ahead of the new season, due to start on Sept. 19.
The players were not named, and Atalanta said training went ahead as normal for the rest of the squad.
Atalanta finished third in Serie A last season and reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where they lost 2-1 to Paris St Germain in Lisbon.
- READ MORE
- Face masks and no hugging for returning Premier League fans
- Lewis Hamilton to miss Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain after positive Covid-19 test
- Kenya's Chepchirchir chasing World Female Athelte of the Year title
- Coaches anxious as league set to finally kick-off today
- Low-risk contact sports get green light
- Kenyan football is back as CS Amina issues new guidelines
The club is based in the city of Bergamo which was at the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in Italy earlier this year.