English youngster Angel Gomes has completed a move to Lille on a five-year contract following his departure from Manchester United, the French Ligue 1 club announced on Sunday.
The attacking midfielder has been immediately loaned out to Portuguese club Boavista for the 2020-21 campaign, Lille said.
Gomes began his career at United at the age of five and made his first-team debut, aged 16, in May 2017, becoming the youngest player to represent the club since Duncan Edwards in 1953.
The 19-year-old left Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s United squad on July 1 when his contract expired after rejecting a new deal to stay at Old Trafford.
- READ MORE
- Man United, Liverpool in talks to join new European super league
- Maguire responds to being left out of Man United's Champions League squad
- Man United to target Bale if Sancho transfer bid fails
- Man United make breakthrough in Jadon Sancho transfer talks
- Man United release third kit: Adidas inspired by historical strips [PHOTOS]
- Man United's 'forgotten man' could return after impressing Solskjaer in training