Liverpool defender Joel Matip will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury he picked up in the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park.
Matip sat out the 4-0 win over Crystal Palace which, following Manchester City's defeat at Chelsea, was enough to secure a first league title for 30 years for the Reds.
But he will now be absent as Liverpool travel to the Etihad later this week, and expects to miss the remaining seven fixtures.
He said: "This season I will be not back on the pitch but for next season, I hope I’m going to be quite early a direct help for the team.”
Matip has endured an injury-hit campaign which has restricted him to just 13 appearances in all competitions.
- READ MORE
- Liverpool vs Man United game sparks complaints from colour-blind fans
- Liverpool star Salah accused of being 'scared' of Man United rival
- Liverpool held to goalless draw by United
- CONFIRMED! Liverpool vs. Manchester United Line-up
- Liverpool predicted line-up REVEALED! Plus injury update
- Predicted Manchester United lineup against Liverpool
He was out for three months with a knee problem between October and January and has played only nine times in the Reds' title-winning Premier League season.
The Cameroonian international signed for Liverpool from Schalke in 2016 and has featured 111 times in all for the Anfield side, scoring five goals.
He helped Liverpool to their sixth European Cup last term, assisting Divock Origi for the second goal in the final against Tottenham in Madrid.