The mother of Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has passed away after contracting coronavirus.
According to Manchester City, Dolors Sala Carrio passed away in Barcelona aged 82.
“The Manchester City family are devastated to report the death today of Pep’s mother Dolors Sala Carrio in Manresa, Barcelona after contracting Corona Virus. She was 82-years-old,’’ the club said in a statement on Twitter.
“Everyone associated with the club sends their most heartfelt sympathy at this most distressing time to Pep, his family and all their friends.”
Guardiola in March donated Sh120million (£920,000) to aid the fight against coronavirus in Spain.
- READ MORE
- Players are losing the joy of playing, says Man City's Guardiola
- Man City boss Guardiola hopes Messi ends career at Barcelona
- Kenya Prisons women keen to defend KVF league title
- Sprinters line up for Athletics Kenya relay series
- Mathare coach Salim Ali upbeat ahead of Bandari match today
- Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: Dismal Reds see unbeaten home run ended
"Pep Guardiola has made a donation of one million euros to the Fundacio Angel Soler Daniel for the acquisition and supply of health equipment to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic," Angel Soler Daniel Foundation confirmed in a statement.
Spain declared Monday a fourth consecutive drop in the number of coronavirus-related deaths, with 637 over the past 24 hours, the lowest number in nearly two weeks.
Fatalities, which were sharply down on the record 950 on Thursday, brought the total deaths in the country to 13,055, second only to Italy.