Last updated 1 year ago | By Mirror
Manchester United and Manchester City might be a fair distance away from each other in the Premier League table.
But in the transfer market, they are preparing to go head-to-head for Portuguese stars Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes.
Elsewhere at Old Trafford, there is a fight on to keep Paul Pogba away from Real Madrid's luring glances while Alexis Sanchez is facing a fight for his United career, with the Red Devils may be willing to let him go.
Chelsea talisman Eden Hazard continues to be linked with Real Madrid - as does Tottenham's Christian Eriksen.
There is an early rumour for next summer as well, as Neymar is said to be available for just £145million due to a secret clause in his PSG contract.
Follow all the day's latest transfer news, rumours and much more below.
Everton hopeful of keeping star players next season
Everton boss Marco Silva is ready to spend big this summer - and is hopeful of keeping Kurt Zouma and Andre Gomes.
The pair have been on loan at Goodison Park from Chelsea and Barcelona, respectively.
And Silva, speaking after the Toffees’ 2-0 Friday night Premier League win over Burnley, reckons he has a good chance of retaining their services for next season.
“If we can keep our starting 11, that will be really important. Kurt and Andre are two high-quality players, our fans love them,” said Silva, speaking to Sky Sports.
“It’s not in our hands, they have their own clubs, and after that, we have to look for other positions. But the ambition of our owner is there, he wants to grow the club, but we are doing things in the right way, step by step.”
Man Utd ready to pay half Sanchez's wages to offload him
Manchester United are reportedly ready to pay HALF of Alexis Sanchez’s salary in order to offload the £30m flop.
Sanchez has failed to recapture the form he showed at Arsenal since joining United in January last year and has struggled to nail down a first-team place.
The Red Devils are prepared to offload him this summer as boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bids to turn his squad back into genuine contenders.
But the club know his mammoth £500,000-per-week will be a major obstacle to any transfer.
That equates to a staggering £26m per year - and United are set to pay half that in order to move him on, claim the Daily Mail.
Real Madrid eye Ajax sensation
Real Madrid are in the market for a number of players this summer - and Ajax sensation Donny van de Beek is high on Zinedine Zidane’s wish list, reports Marca.
Tottenham Hotspur saw first-hand last week how clinical 21-year-old midfielder can be as his goal gave the Dutch side a crucial away goal advantage in their Champions League semi-final.
He has scored 16 goals in all competitions this season and a big move to the Bernabeu could be on the cards.
Zidane is said to have drawn up a list of potential target - with the likes of Paul Pogba and Eden Hazard mooted to be on it - with a huge overhaul expected in the coming weeks at Real.
Barcelona set to bid £30m for Willian
Barcelona are reportedly ready to splash out £30million for Chelsea winger Willian.
The Brazilian is out of contract at the end of next season so the Blues are prepared to listen to any offer to avoid the risk of losing him for free in a year.
According to the Sun, Barca have already bid £50million, plus Malcolm, in January but it was snubbed by the west London outfit.
Man Utd 'name transfer asking price for Real Madrid target Pogba'
Manchester United have placed a £160million price tag on midfielder Paul Pogba.
France World Cup winner Pogba is on Real Madrid’s wish list this summer, with Zinedine Zidane opening courting his compatriot since returning to the Bernabeu dugout.
Pogba, who earns £290,00-a-week at Old Trafford, has appeared to have been wooed by Real having previously admitted it would be a “dream” to move to the Spanish capital.
Last summer Pogba was linked with a move to Barcelona after his heroics in Russia.
On that occasion, Ed Woodward refused to consider selling, after the superstar’s agent, Mino Raiola reportedly attempted to engineer a transfer.
Man Utd and Man City 'ready to go head-to-head for Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes'
Manchester City have overtaken rivals Manchester United in the hunt for Bruno Fernandes and are also ready to gazump them in the race for wonder kid Joao Felix.
Both Portuguese superstars Fernandes and Felix had been high on United’s summer rebuild, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prepared to overhaul his squad.
But Pep Guardiola has pinpointed the duo for Etihad arrivals, with City’s on and off-the-field muscle placing the club in pole position.
According to the Manchester Evening News, Fernandes is seen as a replacement for Ilkay Gundogan - who is likely to leave City this summer.
Premier League duo join the race to sign Insigne
Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne has attracted interest from Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea, according to Corriere dello Sport.
The Italian is rumoured to be worth around €100 million and PSG have also shown an interest.
Insigne has previously been linked with a switch to Liverpool and has reportedly fallen out with the Napoli hierarchy.
Solskjaer considering letting Pogba go - on one condition
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would allow midfielder Paul Pogba to join Real Madrid this summer - but on one condition.
The Norwegian will only consider letting the Frenchman go if receives either Toni Kroos or Raphael Varane in exchange, says The Independent.
Arsenal eyeing Brazilian starlet
Arsenal have been linked with a summer swoop for Brazilian teenager, Antony.
The 19-year-old Sao Paulo forward has a £42million release clause but could be allowed to leave for half that price, according to The Express.
Unai Emery, the Gunners boss, doesn’t have a huge summer budget but is keen to sign players for the future.
Rabiot attracting interest from Italy
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot with a free transfer to Italian giants Juventus., according to The Guardian.
The 24-year-old Frenchman has been out of action since December after refusing to sign a contract extension.
He has fallen out with PSG boss Thomas Tuchel and has also been linked with a switch to the Premier League.
Otamendi linked with Spain return
Manchester City defender Nicolas Otamendi has attracted interest from Atletico Madrid.
According to AS, the Spanish side are keeping tabs on his situation at the Etihad.
The 31-year-old Argentine left Spanish side Valencia in 2015 and has been linked with a return to La Liga this summer.
Neymar 'available for a cut-price fee next summer' due to secret PSG clause
Neymar could be at the centre of a bidding war next summer following claims that he could be available for a cut-price £145million.
The Brazilian superstar is currently plying his trade with Paris Saint-Germain, having sealed a world-record £198m move from Barcelona in 2017.
But there are rumours that he is unsettled in France, and Barca’s fierce Spanish rivals Real Madrid have been keeping tabs on his situation.
And, according to Mundo Deportivo, there is a secret clause in his current PSG contract that could see him leave in a cut-price deal.
Man Utd 'make contact' over Moussa Dembele transfer
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has stepped up his pursuit of Moussa Dembele - and has made Lyon aware of his interest.
Mirror Football revealed last month that the Premier League club were keeping tabs on the striker, who arrived at Lyon from Celtic last summer.
United are desperate to improve their striking options this summer and 22-year-old Dembele has been hugely impressive in France this season.
Dembele has scored 20 goals in all competitions and his work rate and prolific scoring record for the minutes played this season has caught the eye of scouts.